[K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Debbie Schiel debbie at redeemer.qld.edu.au
Sun Oct 17 03:13:52 UTC 2004

Hi Robert, That was very good news, very encouraging, and yes it did
help enormously.

I tried installing K12ltsp 4.1.0 with no luck.
Then I tried 4.1.1 as suggested but same result.
I tried a 'linux dd' with the aic79xx driver from the Gibbs website -
nope. Then I tried 3.1.2 which you said you have no problems with and...
SUCCESS, it installed! I must admit I also had a lot of over-the-phone
help from a contact down in ACT.

However, now I have a version of K12 that I am unfamiliar with and I
can't connect it to the net, or to my demo clients, plus my fix for
adding a usb key (which worked on 4.1.0) doesn't work... *sigh*

So on one hand I have a sooper dopper G700 with 3.1.2 and I'm not
getting anywhere with it (yet!); and on the other hand I have my demo
PIII with 4.1.0 that can support a couple clients but is as slow as...

All part of the fun of FOSS I suppose!

Best regards,

Debbie

--