[K12OSN] doing the pivot_root server not responding

Lewis Holcroft lewis at pcc.com
Mon Oct 18 17:31:55 UTC 2004

I have also had this problem. However the problem was not with the
client but with the server. It was really inconsistent. After spending
some time on the problem. Finally loaded RHES and called IBM. IBM do
not support any other RH product on the machine platform I use.

The problem is still not fixed. But IBM are tying to solve it now. It
looks like it may be a firmware revision that is calling a bad memory
address. I would also get kernel panics if I tried to move large data
files between my eth0 and eth1 nics. memtest-86 shows errors. But this
bug is only tickled some times. running diagnostics on the nic cards
generated a memory error also.

Lewis