[K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Tue Oct 19 23:09:03 UTC 2004

dale wrote:

> Jim Hays wrote:
>
>> With the short runs that you are talking about here you could get the
>> fiber
>> pre-terminated.  It may be easier and less expensive unless you know
>> of someone
>> who can terminate fiber.
>

> Good point.  I might need a larger conduit to accomodate the
> connector, but that would probably be cheaper than hiring someone to
> make a few splices.  I'll consider it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dale

I agree.  You can easily get it in lengths of 15 metres, which is about
50ft (I did this for my house).  If you need to go longer, L-Com is one
company that makes them in pretty much any length you want, with pretty
much any termination type that you want (ST, SC, MT-RJ, etc.).  I'd go
with multi-mode for your application.

--TP