[K12OSN] rdesktop and Terminal Server Specs Inquiry

Edwardson Pedragosa aimssda at cscoms.com
Wed Oct 20 11:23:34 UTC 2004

Sorry, I have k12ltsp server now. You're right, I will get another
server for Win2k3 as terminal server for windows apps.

I have 25 clients, when they use it altogether (when using Powerpoint),
man it's really slow. I'm running MS Office XP.

There are limitations to it. I want to try running 25 rdesktop clients
if it will do better and considering also the price for TS licenses.

Thanks

>Not sure if you mean "take a K12LTSP server and install Windows 2003 on

>it", or "log into a Windows 2003 server from K12LTSP with rdesktop or
an
>equivalent."  I'll assume the latter.  I've tested CrossOver Office on
>,K12LTSP, and my server here at home is a dual Athlon 1.2GHz with 4GB
>DRAM.  You shouldn't need anywhere near that powerful a box to test
>CrossOver Office, though; a 512MB Pentium-III 700MHz ought to be quite
>sufficient, and you could very likely get away with even 256MB DRAM,
but
>I wouldn't go any lower than that.

>Which apps are you trying to run with CrossOver Office?  Some work (e.
>g. MS Office XP), and others don't (e. g. MS Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat
6).

--TP