[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 8, Issue 74

David Tisdell penguintiz at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 20 14:47:16 UTC 2004

Martin,
I have NIS working. I used the following doc to get
things going:
http://en.tldp.org/HOWTO/NIS-HOWTO/ypserv.html
I found the O'reilly book more complicated than what I
needed. The howto from tldp was simple to follow.
Webmin also does a good job of setting up NIS
When RH9 first came out ypserv appeared to be broken.
I was teaching a Linux class and couldn't get it to
work. After some updates came out, I didn't have any
problems. I am running it on RH 9 right now. I haven't
tried it on Fedora. I also haven't seen the errors you
describe. If I can be of any help I will.
Dave

Message: 9