[K12OSN] #$%@$Student hotmail not working

Jim Hays haysja at sages.us
Wed Oct 20 14:52:34 UTC 2004

Jim

We use SME as our mail server.  It works very well for us.

I used to use SME as our filter as well but have replaced it with
IPCop.  I find IPCop a much better firewall/filter/gateway than SME.
DansGuardian is much easier to install and manage on IPCop.

Obviously, I have one box with IPCop for my filter and a different box
with SME as my email server.  (The SME box is also our Web server and
provides some other functions for our network (MySQL, etc.)  SME is a
very good general server.  IPCop is a good gateway/filter.