[K12OSN] Squid & Content filtering

KJ ksj2010 at myrealbox.com
Thu Oct 21 21:10:53 UTC 2004

Adam (et al),
Thank you for your suggestions, the how-to below was particularly
helpful.  I am curious about one note that is referenced.

"If you were running a transparent redirect in your Cisco router" - I am
not running any redirects anywhere, it goes pretty much like this.

Internet ->
Cable Modem ->
Router/Firewall->
"External" NIC->  LTSP Box
Internal NIC -> LTSP Box
LTSP connections web browsing.

Is there something that I need to do to get all traffic routed through
the squid & squidguardian?

Am I making any sense?
Thank you all again!
KJ

<snip>
I don't know if this helps, but I wrote this squidguard how-to when
replacing our iprism web filter here at the library.
http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us/sysadminsite/squidguard/
Enjoy!
</snip>

<snip>
>  KJ wrote:
>
> > Hello, I have installed (Finally!) K12 LTSP and it is working
> > great! I had a bad CD player, took me weeks to figure that out
> > (I'm not worthy to be a geek anymore!) :-)
> >
> > Now my question is Squid and Content filtering. I have been unable
> > to get Squid to work, I'm not really sure where to look or what to
> > do to get started, can anyone point me in the right direction?
> > (ie. websites with HOWTO's or something) I'd really appreciate it.
> >

> > Also if you can tell me what you use for content filtering and what
> > seems to be the best, I'd really appreciate it!
</snip>