[K12OSN] Floppy permission problem

Jonathan Carter jonathan at shuttleworthfoundation.org
Mon Oct 25 07:22:56 UTC 2004

Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:

> Jonathan Carter wrote:
>
>> Hi List
>>
>> I have a school running K12LTSP 3.1.2 (Red Hat 9). When they want to
>> access a floppy using MToolsFM, they get an error that permission is
>> denied to /dev/fd0.
>>
>> What is causes this, and how can I fix this.
>>
>> thanks and regards
>> Jonathan
>>

> Are they inadvertently trying to access the server's floppy drive?
>
> Another thing to check is if local floppy support is turned on in
> lts.conf.
>
> --TP

Yes, it is activated in lts.conf, but it doesn't work :(

One weirdallity we did come by is, their home directories are under
/home/teachers/usernames and /home/students/usernames, so we had to
modify the push-icons-to-all-users script to make that work. Could there
be a link between these problems?

thanks
-jonathan