[K12OSN] Re: Adding and removing users without being in root

Jimmy Schwankl schwankl at chatham.k12.nc.us
Wed Oct 27 12:28:54 UTC 2004

John Conlon wrote:

> I have a teacher who has three stand alone machines running K12LTSP 4.2

I'm also not a linux guru, John.  And everyone seems to have jumped in
that webmin is the answer.  I don't know how helpful it would be on
three standalone machines.  Do you mean the teacher has one server and
three clients?, or one server and two clients? or is it really three
standalone installs of K12LTSP 4.2.  If so, whatever solution you do
end up going with, you'll have to repeat for each machine.

Of other more knowledgeable folks on the list could comment on this
question:

If in fact John has three standalone machines, Will webmin work
connecting to itself or will he have to have the teacher connect from
one machine to another to use webmin.

Peace,
Jimmy Schwankl