[K12OSN] rdesktop question

Shawn Powers spowers at inlandlakes.org
Wed Oct 27 17:31:57 UTC 2004

David Trask wrote:
> It shouldn't be that difficult....how do you have your licensing set up on
> the Windows server....by seat or by connection?

I'm guessing you are using Windows 2000 Terminal Server?  The licensing
in 2003 TS is insanely different.  There is "per device" or "per user"
-- but the "per user" model doesn't work at all.  Nada.  Even with
windows clients.

Right now, my license is good until January 4th.  If I don't hear of a
bad reason to switch to using the RDP v4 method, I'll probably just do
that.  With "per device" licensing, and RDP v4, I get issued permanent
licenses, not temporaries -- so I guess it's a workable workaround.

BTW, Chris -- in your script, the argument $@, does that pass ALL the
flags to the actual program?  I have written wrapper scripts in the
past, and had to do something like "program $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6" to make
sure I got all the options passed...  if indeed $@ passes all the
arguments, that's easier!

Thanks,
-Shawn