[K12OSN] Re: Help! Squidguard will not obey the ACLs in the conf file

Adam Melancon adammelancon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 18:35:52 UTC 2004

You can check to see if it's even working by pointing a browser to use
your squidguard box  as a proxy and set the port to 3128.

Also, you might want to do

tail /var/log/squidGuard/squidGuard.log

and make sure that you see this

2004-10-27 05:03:56 [5659] squidGuard 1.2.0 started (1098871435.867)
2004-10-27 05:03:56 [5659] squidGuard ready for requests (1098871436.095)

If it's not started and ready for requests it will not block sites.

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 14:29:11 -0400 (EDT), joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca
<joseph.bishay at utoronto.ca> wrote:
> hello,
>
> > We would probably have to see a copy of your squidGuard.conf file to
> > be able to help you troubleshoot the problem.
>
> I've included it below. My apologies for pasting in something long.
>
> # CONFIG FILE FOR SQUIDGUARD
> # See http://www.squidguard.org/config/ for more examples
>
> dbhome /var/squidGuard/blacklists
> logdir /var/log/squidGuard
>
> dest ads {
>     log        ads
>     domainlist    ads/domains
>     urllist        ads/urls
> }
>
> dest audio-video {
>     log        audio-video
>     domainlist    audio-video/domains
>     urllist        audio-video/urls
> }
>
> dest aggressive {
>     log        aggressive
>     domainlist    aggressive/domains
>     urllist        aggressive/urls
> }
>
> dest drugs {
>     log        drugs
>     domainlist    drugs/domains
>     urllist        drugs/urls
> }
>
> dest gambling{
>     log        gambling
>     domainlist    gambling/domains
>     urllist        gambling/urls
> }
>
> dest hacking {
>     log        hacking
>     domainlist    hacking/domains
>     urllist        hacking/urls
> }
>
> dest mail {
>     log        mail
>     domainlist    mail/domains
>     urllist        mail/urls
> }
>
> dest porn{
>     log        porn
>     domainlist    porn/domains
>     urllist        porn/urls
> }
>
> dest proxy{
>     log        proxy
>     domainlist    proxy/domains
>     urllist        proxy/urls
> }
>
> dest violence{
>     log        violence
>     domainlist    violence/domains
>     urllist        violence/urls
> }
>
> dest warez{
>     log        warez
>     domainlist    warez/domains
>     urllist        warez/urls
> }
>
> dest local-ok{
>     domainlist      local-ok/domains
>     urllist         local-ok/urls
> }
>
> dest local-block{
>     log             local-block
>     domainlist      local-block/domains
>     urllist         local-block/urls
> }
>
> acl {
>     default {
>         # the default categories are conservative, please add any
> additional
> [...]

Adam Melancon
Work: http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us
Personal: http://www.melancon.org