[K12OSN] Anyone using Compaq Deskpro 5133

Timothy Legge tlegge at rogers.com
Wed Oct 27 20:57:23 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 15:57, Jim Wildman wrote:
> On Wed, 27 Oct 2004, John A. Smith wrote:
>
> > Did you use the onboard nic? What driver worked with it and was it only capable of 10 mbps?
> > I think it's a tlan:netflex3, but haven't gotten it to work yet.
> >

> I (and others I know) have had lots of headaches with tlan cards.  My
> advice would be to grab some used Intel cards at your local retailer and
> disable the onboard nic.

Hi

I wrote the etherboot driver for the tlan about a year ago.  To the best
of my knowledge it works fine (on all three pci nics I have as well as
several reports from other people).

It is likely that many people were unable to use the tlan prior to this
and just installed a different pci nic.

If you have issues with the tlan, I am will to try to resolve it.
Contact me directly or through the etherboot-users list.

Tim