[K12OSN] Re: Anyone using Compaq Deskpro 5133

Dave Prentice prentice at instruction.com
Wed Oct 27 22:11:41 UTC 2004

>Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:25:23 -0500
>From: "John A. Smith" <jsmith at breakthroughministries.com>
>Subject: [K12OSN] Anyone using Compaq Deskpro 5133
>I am setting up a lab and would like to use a couple of Compaq
Deskpro 5133 machines I have laying around. However, I can't seem to
get a nic to work in the thing.
>Anyone out there using this box? If so:
When you say the nic won't work, does it connect with the server at
all? If it does but then hangs, you probably have a video problem
rather than bad NICs. I was going nuts with Compaqs until I found out
editing the vidlist file would make them boot OK.
Dave Prentice
prentice at instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org