[K12OSN] Apache

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Oct 28 18:31:31 UTC 2004

 From the windows box, try telneting to port 80 on the Apache box, like so:

C:\> telnet 192.168.0.56 80

(Be sure to substitute the correct address for your Apache server, but keep the
80 part).

You may or get something like this:

Trying 192.168.0.56...
Connected to 192.168.0.56.
Escape character is '^]'.

or you may get nothing.  In either case, try this next:

get index.html

You should see a bunch of HTML code scroll by.  If all that works, then
something is screwy with IE (see Tom Ventresco's message).  If the above things
don't work, then you've got some sort of networking problem between the
boxes--but that seems unlikely at this point since you can ping the web server
from the clients.

Petre