[K12OSN] Anyone using Compaq Deskpro 5133

John A. Smith jsmith at breakthroughministries.com
Thu Oct 28 22:42:09 UTC 2004

Well I finally did get the onboard nic working on the compaq 5133. It wasn't a tlan after all but the pcnet32:lancepci etherboot floppy from rom-o-matic, configured with the CONFIG_PCI_DIRECT option.

Now, however, I have a different problem. When it gets to "Doing the pivot_root" the client hangs and says "nfs server 192.168.0.254 not responding, still trying." This message goes away and everything continues to load perfectly if I disconnect the client from the switch and reconnect a crossover cable from the nic to the server.  Once X is started on the client and I log in, I can reconnect the client and server to the switch and run apps just fine.

Anyone else run across this?

-john smith