[K12OSN] Shockwave and Wine or crossover odffice

David Tisdell penguintiz at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 30 19:57:00 UTC 2004

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, it looks like the
instructions are for the Windows version of Firefox.
Macromedia says they do not support shockwave on
Linux. I sent them an email asking that it be ported
over. In the meantime, I tried out crossover office
and that works like a charm. Too bad it is a pay for
solution. The good news is that the licensing is for
concurrent users; very liberal compared with other
companies (like the one in the pacific northwest).
This looks like the way to go. I think wine is too
much work on my own.
Dave

Message: 7