[K12OSN] any NX plans for K12LTSP?

Chris Thomas cwt137 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 1 04:29:58 UTC 2004

Check out /. they have something too.

I think NX wont be included because it is a competing
thin client solution. Plus LTSP isn't setup to support
NX.

The way I see it, (please correct me if I'm wrong)
LTSP is basically a minimalist Linux OS that was made
to do a few things. 1) Load over the network when a
thin client is turned on. 2) Run the OS in ram. 3)
Start X-windows and use XDMCP to connect to the
Terminal Server.

If you want a LTSP-like solution that supports, or
will support NX, check out http://pxes.sf.net/ and
http://thinstation.sf.net/