[K12OSN] Client Screen Resolution

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Wed Sep 1 21:20:47 UTC 2004

To my knowledge, you have to specify the resolution for a given client
in the lts.conf file.  This, of course, is a pain if you have a bunch of
clients since you then have to have a specific config section for each
such client.  Typically, you have something like this in lts.conf:

[ws002]
#       XSERVER            = ati
        XSERVER            = auto
#       X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024
        X_MODE_0           = 1600x1200
        X_HORZSYNC      =       31-90
        X_VERTREFRESH   =       60-85
#       X_MOUSE_PROTOCOL   = "Microsoft"
#       X_MOUSE_DEVICE     = "/dev/ttyS0"
        RUNLEVEL           = 5

Here you can see I was fooling around with different resolutions for the
client called ws002.  In some places you may read that you can specify
different resolutions like this:

X_MODE_0           = 1280x1024
X_MODE_1           = 1600x1200
X_MODE_2           = 800x600

and then toggle between the resolutions using Ctrl-Alt-+ but I have
never been able to make it work on a client; I think this only works on
the console.  BTW, I'm running k12ltsp 3.1.2; if you're using 4.x,
things may be different (or not).

Petre