[K12OSN] Found different way to set IceWM default under GDM (I think)

Henry Burroughs hburroughs at HHPREP.ORG
Thu Sep 2 16:33:42 UTC 2004

Looking at the wiki, and chasing scripts down (maybe freedesktop.org can
cut all the duplicate session scripts down) I have gotten my K12LTSP 4.1
server setting IceWM as default (without disabling GNOME/KDE/etc) using
the /etc/sysconfig/desktop file.  All it takes is putting "ICEWM" in
place of "GNOME", and then adding:

elif [ "$DESKTOP" = "ICEWM" ]; then
	PREFERRED=/etc/X11/gdm/Sessions/IceWM
fi

right under the WINDOWMAKER entry in the /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients file.

I guess I'll finally get myself setup on the Wiki, and post it.

Oh, is anyone having duplicate session entries on their menu (multiple
IceWM/reset desktop....)??  Seems like there are duplicates in other
locations that GDM looks at.

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School