[K12OSN] Re: OO Laoading Problems

Peter Deakin k12ltsp at trinityschool.org.uk
Thu Sep 2 23:56:30 UTC 2004

Hi Guys

I am having problems with OO loading very slowly about 40 sec from launching
be it from an icon or terminal, this is only since  I upgrade to 4.1. The
server in question has  run 3.2  without any problems. At the moment I am the
only user and it does  the same on both the terminals and on the sever itself.
The task bar shows that OO is loading for most of the time , this disappears
as though it is not going to load then a few seconds later the OO splash
screen appears

It is an  ASUS Mobo XP2800 with 1.5G memory and 36G SCSI drive

I have built a new server which has a similar spec but a MSI Mobo and a WD
SATA drive and this does exactly the same.

The curious thing is I installed 4.1 on my home server a few weeks ago and OO
loads up in about 6 sec. (this machine is a MSI Mobo XP2600 with 1G memory and
a normal ATA drive.)

I did note from previous posts on a similar issue that S3 video card cause
some problems. The new set up did have a S3 card in it, so I have changed that
and reloaded 4.1 from scratch without any improvement. I have check what's
going on with Top during the waiting period. Memory usage is less that 1G and
and the processor usage is about 2% sleeping process 85, zombies 0

Any thought would be much appreciated

Regards

Peter Deakin