[K12OSN] Interesting KDE issue...

Calvin Park linuxsys at davisny.edu
Mon Sep 6 13:56:43 UTC 2004

Just thought I'd tell a little story about an error I just encountered.

One of our students was playing with his desktop settings and clicked
the option for KDEWebDesktop under advanced options. When he applied the
setting a cookie request popped up. He, thinking the cookie would be a
bad thing to accept, rejected it and his screen just kindda flickered
and displayed a bunch of odd colors. I just deleted the whole .mozilla
directory (it wouldn't let him log back in, every time he tried the same
color thing happened). My solution was probably a bit dirty, but it
accomplished the task. Just an interesting issue that I thought I'd let
everyone know about.

--
Calvin Park
Assistant for Linux Systems