[K12OSN] Kinda OT - Imaging Macs

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Tue Sep 7 14:30:21 UTC 2004

CCCloner works very well.  You have to hold the "T" key down when
booting the target machine in order to get it to boot in target disk
mode.  Then when you boot your source machine and plug in the firewire
between the two the target machine will mount on the desktop.  Be sure
to rename the target drive different then the source just to avoid
confusion.  Then fire up CCC and clone away.  I usually invoke the Disk
Utility from within CCC and initialize the disk before cloning, just to
be sure it is clean.  Should take a half hour to 45 min to clone each
machine.

Jim Kronebusch
Cotter Tech Department
507-453-5188