[K12OSN] Outside access to K12ltsp intermittently cut off

Henning Bertelsen k12ltsp at ramsele.dyndns.org
Wed Sep 8 15:30:38 UTC 2004

Hi

I use shorewall too, and I had the same problem when connecting through a
dial upp ISP.
Shorewall is blocking some IP adresses in the /etc/shorewall/rfc1918 file.
I commented out IP adresses beginning with 82, 84, 88, and 96, then did a
"shorewall restart".

Check your /var/log/messages file to see if you find something like
shorewall:rfc1918:DROP    at the time you try to log in.
What Ip adress do you have when it does not work?

Anyway a better forum would probably be the shorewall mailing list, You can
find it at http://www.shorewall.net.

//Henning