[K12OSN] Python Idle problem

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Thu Sep 9 04:14:18 UTC 2004

When I set up the lab, I installed the latest version of python and
extras for it that I could find.  the IDE program idle resides in the
usr/bin folder.  I tested it on a variety of workstations and they all
worked.  But I didn't try it on multiple machines at the same time.
Today in class I did and it failed.  the first person to try got the
idle screen, everyone else got an error message, I forget exactly the
wording, but I can post it tomorrow, but it was something to the effect
of the socket already being in use.

How would I get it to work on multiple machines?

Java NetBeans 3.6 ide works on multiple machines, but it resides in the
opt/netbeans/bin directory.

does it work because  it is in the opt directory?  and does the Python
IDE not work because of where it is located?  was there a network
install that I missed?

Please help.  I can use python in the terminal window on multiple machines