[K12OSN] top question

Liam Marshall lsrpm at mts.net
Thu Sep 9 15:20:08 UTC 2004

in top

when all users are logged in, I get a line for each and everyone of them
showin rhn-applet-gui  this line, each time it shows, reports a cpu use
of 1-2 % and a memory use of around 1%

if this is accurate, with 30 users this represents a cpu use of between
30 and 60% !

sometimes those lines for rhn-applet-gui go away but they usually show
up periodically.

correct me if I am wrong but this app is something that periodically
goes out and checks to see if updates are avail from redhat.

If so I don't need this to run.  I do a yum update manually
periodically.  If blowing away the applet frees up some resources, that
would be great.

PS how do I get rid of it?

Thanks