[K12OSN] MailScanner Blacklist

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Sep 10 14:54:17 UTC 2004

[SNIP]
> # vi /etc/postfix.in/client_access
> 204.248.118.23	DISCARD
> 206.230.105.4	DISCARD

A quick note here, I chose DISCARD over REJECT as it was the most
unobtrusive from what I gathered.  DISCARD just dropped the connection
without any further processes taking place, REJECT if I recall allow the
connection and then could follow a rejection procedure.  This bugged me
because I was still receiving virus notifications even though the email
wasn't allow to pass through.  With DISCARD I never even know an attempt
was made.

Here is a link to the breakdown of what you can do with the access table
and a description of each action.
http://www.postfix.org/access.5.html

---