[K12OSN] MailScanner Black list

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Fri Sep 10 14:16:52 UTC 2004

> 	Hi Folks, I need some help with a black list that
> doesn't work. I created a file called "blacklist.rules" at
> "/opt/MailScanner/etc/rules/blacklist.rules", as per example.
>  Rules are
> "From:     xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx      yes". The problem is, It just
> doesn't work,
> doesn't block the ip. Any Ideas?????
> 	Sorry, this Is a k12ltsp 4.01 box, with Postfix and
> MailScanner...

Help me verify quick what it is you are looking for.  I gather that you
want to do is setup a text list of IP's and specify whether to allow
them or deny them access to the server.  If this is the case I think I
can help you.  I have such a list set up on our server for denying
access to IP's that try to hack us, or are infected with a virus.  I
have a lot going on right now though so it may take me a day or two to
document the process and get it to you.  But no fear, there is hope.

---