[K12OSN] K12LTSP Presentation and Contact List

Ron Freidel rfreidel at computergeex.com
Fri Sep 10 21:19:49 UTC 2004

There is an existing company doing this already I believe in France, though
they are using Mandrake. that is if I remember the article correctly, I'd like
to see something similar happening here in the US, It wouldn't be very
difficult to adapt  the LTSP to work in a corporate environment.

I envision Slackware/LTSP/Phpgroupware on a server, with thin clients
connecting. Many of the possible customers in my part of the country already
have older computers to be used as thin clients all they would need is the
server.

That is basically what I did for two Elementary schools, the forest service
donated a bunch of pII computers to them, then they went and bought the server
and switches, all works very well with K12LTSP.

Ron

--
Ron Freidel
Some or all of my comments should not be taken seriously.