[K12OSN] Fwd: "Stateless Linux" project

norbert bear2bar at netscape.net
Tue Sep 14 02:59:46 UTC 2004

Just a quick note, we should all thank M$ for their escalading HW
requirements forcing companies to "discard" P-II & P-IIIs that are
perfect as thin-clients in the Stateless Linux project.

In our lab we have P-I 75Mhz with 64 MB performing as well as a P-IV for
most simple office applications. A celeron 600Mhz with 256 MB run
circles around a fully loaded P-IV running Maya (Blender on the Celeron)

Just rejoice with the expected mirgration to Server 2003 thousands of
computers will be made "obsolete" and therefore available for schools as
thin-clients..... I can't wait !!!!!

norbert