[K12OSN] Security fixes

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Wed Sep 15 05:51:26 UTC 2004

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Robert Arkiletian wrote:

>I noticed there was a libPNG security fix this summer for Linux. I am
>wondering how to install security fixes to our school k12ltsp server
>which is running 3.1.2 ? There have been other security fixes since
>Redhat 9 like Mozilla updates.
>
>What are the most important security fixes for 3.1.2 and how do I
>install them?

Security updates for K12LTSP 3.1.2 now originate from the Fedora
Legacy project, http://www.fedoralegacy.org

I mirror the updated packages to the K12LTSP apt/yum repository,
so if you use apt or yum you'll have the latest packages that I
have.

If you prefer to use up2date rather than apt or yum, I back-ported
the Fedora 1 version of up2date (which uses apt and yum repositories).
You can download these at:

   ftp://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/pub/K12LTSP/testing/3.1.3/RPMS/

-Eric