[K12OSN] Quick way to empty student folders

Chris Hobbs chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
Thu Sep 16 23:32:31 UTC 2004

Jim Christiansen wrote:

> Lat year I used some method to empty student folders...  What ever it
> was I can't think of it.
> Has anyone used a quick way to empty the contents of all of the
> folders in /home/usernames ?
>
> I need to keep all of the student folders in /home,  but everything in
> them needs to go...

for i in /home/*; do rm -rf /home/$i/*; done

NOT TESTED -- POSSIBLY DANGEROUS -- COULD CAUSE GLOBAL WARMING

OK, you're on your own if you run it, but it makes sense to me...

--
Chris Hobbs       Silver Valley Unified School District
Head geek:              Technology Services Coordinator
postmaster:               chobbs at silvervalley.k12.ca.us
pgp:  http://www.silvervalley.k12.ca.us/~chobbs/key.asc