[K12OSN] RE: Booting problesms

ben may be_j_ma at optusnet.com.au
Sat Sep 18 22:35:41 UTC 2004

After Bootong my server from knopix and open a root shell ' fsck /dev/hdb1'
(hdb1 being the partition with /home, /boot etc.)

I also tried runing linux rescue from the k12ltsp instal disc these errors
arrose
*Error Mounting Hda3
  Invalid Argument
* Rescue
   An error occures trying to mount some or all of your system. some of it
may be mounted under /mnt/sysimage
  Press enter to get a shell, the system will reboot when you exit the
shell.

------
If i cant get this going i will just have to re-install leaving the /home
dir alone i dont mind redoing the users and passwords

Thanks for your help so far.

Ben May