[K12OSN] SATA vs SCSI

Jim Kronebusch jim at winonacotter.org
Mon Sep 20 14:27:34 UTC 2004

> At a cost since you lose the physical capacity of one drive right?

Correct.  But the failover is definitely worth it to me.  That way if
one of my drives dies nobody knows and I just have to add a new one back
in and let the RAID rebuild itself.  You still need a backup system for
oops type of stuff, like when a user deletes a file they actually wanted
and you have to go back and recover it.  But at least you aren't down
with a crashed HD and waiting to hopefully restore a backup onto new
hardware.

---