[K12OSN] NFS thru firewall on FC2.

"Terrell Prudé, Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Mon Sep 20 23:27:22 UTC 2004

Hello Peter,

Personally, I would never, *ever* run NFS in a situation in which the
network wasn't trusted.  That's why we don't do it across the Internet
(same with SMB filesharing, BTW).  The only things that I trust at this
point for transferring "privileged" data across an untrusted network are
encrypted transmissions, such as SSH, IPSec, and SSL-encrypted tunnels.

Can you tell us why you need to have eth0 as untrusted?  If we know your
requirements, we might be able to help you out better.

Thanks,

--TP