[K12OSN] X & cirrus cards

Peter Van den Wildenbergh pvdw at criticalcontrol.com
Tue Sep 21 15:38:04 UTC 2004

Hi :

Got some serious CIRRUS whoos...
I know these cards are crap but I have to use them in +/- 25% of my clients :-(

This in my lts.conf right now :
        XSERVER            = auto
        X_MODE_0           = 800x600
        X_COLOR_DEPTH      = 8

This works with 75% of my clients :-) except the cirrus ones...
When I set
XSERVER = cirrus
The remaining 25% of my lab can work, but 75% hangs...
Fatal server error
no screens found.

I also know that I can make an entry inside lts.conf per workstation.
But this also adds a serious task to maintenance...
I will end up with 6 or 7 LTS and 300-400 diskless clients who will randomly connect to one of the servers.
so I want to keep things simple in lts.conf

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Peter