[K12OSN] monitor problems

Dale Harkness dharkness at nsd2.com
Tue Sep 21 16:08:10 UTC 2004

i recently installed the ltsp_sound_3.0.1 file on my LTSP 4.0 server.  when i got it all configured and rebooted a machine my HP 15 monitor is now blinking all the lights on it and i see nothing.  i know the video card works because it beeps (like it does when you get your login prompt)  these use to work just fine but now i get nothing.  i thought maybe it was the sound file i installed but if i go to a machine (same model as the other machine) with a Compaq monitor i can boot in just fine. the only difference between these machines are the monitors.   unfortunately my room is full of about 95% HP 15 monitors and a few compaq ones.  help! what could be causing this. we tried tweaking monitor refresh rates in lts.conf but nothing seemed to work.  we even commented out the sound settings, which didn't work either (but i know this isn't the problem because remember....the compaq monitors work, just no the HP 15).  thanks to whomever solves this in advance.