[K12OSN] Re: K12OSN Digest, Vol 7, Issue 80

Angus Carr acarr at saskforestcentre.ca
Wed Sep 22 15:47:41 UTC 2004

Well, that's really interesting. I have a couple of clients which
require manual setting to make them get to an X screen.
They are identical hardware, a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600 , which have
Trident Cyberblade XP video cards on board.

I checked the PCI ID's, as below. Then I went to the vidlist file and
found the card correctly represented. It is PCI ID 10239910, and is in
the file as
1023:9910        trident          CyberBlade XP

Obviously, this is correct, but the automatic choice doesn't pick it up.

This isn't critical, but every time I install a server, I have to change
lts.conf to reflect the specifc hardware. That's an extra step. It's not
a big deal.

Angus Carr.