[K12OSN] Sound on terminals

Trond Mæhlum trondrm at online.no
Wed Sep 22 17:36:46 UTC 2004

I did a quick try with sound on my terminals. The terminals are Dell
Optiplex PC's with PCI soundcard. I use K12LTSP 4.0.1, and haven't
changed anything in lts.conf. It looks like sound is enabled with Y and
nasd in the config file.

Sound does not work. Not in KDE, not in Gnome and not in IceWM.

When I try to stream webradio through xmms I get output plugin failure.
When I log on to KDE it says /dev/dsp does not exist.

Can someone give me a quick how-to on this? And also a method of
confirming that sound actually does work.

Regards

Trond Mæhlum