[K12OSN] Screen Magnifier for Gnome?

dahopkins at comcast.net dahopkins at comcast.net
Fri Sep 24 14:30:27 UTC 2004

We have a student who is visually impaired.  Our counselor ordered ZoomText for our Windows systems, but I am at a loss for what to use on the Linux thin clients.   I have tried quax, which works, but only allows a very small section of the screen (less than one word in some cases). Not a good combination.  I tried kmag, which failed to compile, and dynamag which was even worse.  Any suggestions?  We will be purchasing a large monitor that will be set to a lower resolution, but is there a software solution?

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School
Newark Delaware 19713