[K12OSN] switch advice: Netgear or 3com

Robert Arkiletian robark at telus.net
Mon Sep 27 14:32:28 UTC 2004

norbert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> For what's it worth I've had netgear router, switches and wireless
> NICs, although they work most of the time the support from netgear
> leaves a lot to be desired especially in a Linux environment where
> their warranty is NOT applicable.... YES they try to charge !!
> Since those incidents I've taken an "anything but netgear" policy
>
> regards
> norbert

Wow! If Netgear will not give warranty in a Linux environment I will
purchase something else. Maybe the unmanaged 3com 2250
http://www.3com.com/products/en_US/detail.jsp?tab=features&pathtype=purchase&sku=3C16476A

I'll also check out HP's. I have heard good things about them. Hope they
are affordable.

Robert Arkiletian