[K12OSN] Re: squidguard in 4.1

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Mon Sep 27 20:03:51 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 12:51, Adam Melancon wrote:
> I got a copy of 4.1 and tried to install it myself.  Squidguard was
> not available in the "Package Group Selection" screen no matter if I
> choose "LTSP", "Custom", or "Server", when I started the install.
>
> Does anyone know where squidGuard went to in 4.1?
> It was so easy to install and setup on 4.0.
> I even wrote a how-to so that other libraries could use squidguard for
> their filtering, but some are finding it hard to do since squidguard
> is not part of the install.
> http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us/sysadminsite/squidguard/

This is an installer change that I missed. I'll fix it for 4.1.1.

Assuming that the server is connected to the internet, you can
install squidGuard with the following command:

	up2date -i squidGuard

Using up2date (or yum or apt-get if you prefer) is the best way
to install packages for it will handle the dependency checking
for you.

If the server is not connected to the internet and you have to
install the packages off the cd, install the "compat-db"
package first, then the "squidGuard" package. Both are on
cd #4.

-Eric