[K12OSN] Appletalk and K12LTSP

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Wed Sep 29 18:16:59 UTC 2004

We have some funk happening with OSX actually....
sometimes the OSX machines can see the smb shares and other times they
can't...
and when they do connect and authenticate there isn't he 'eject' button
to disconnect so it shows a fantom folder from the last people to connect.
as I don't teach/maintain/or do much of anything else with the Mac
Lab...I'm not there when these things occur..

The odd thing is...there were two different install disks used...on a G5
the disk that came with it.. on the G4's they used whatever the latest
jungle-cat name distro Mac is calling their OS...the G5 has NO PROBLEMO
(yay high school spanish!), it's the G4's with "the other" install disks
that seem to have these issues...when browsing the network as well.
*shrugs*

(personally I think Macintosh(the company) could do a lot better if they
used a straight linux distro..got behind it 100% and started developing
apps/suites instead of actually competing in the OS market) *steps off
of soap box*

--Huck