[K12OSN] Multiple logins UPDATE

goblin at scooter.co.nz goblin at scooter.co.nz
Wed Sep 29 23:34:44 UTC 2004

norbert wrote:
> Hi Les,
>
> Well I've tried that script over and over but I get the same result !
> Once it runs and I restart dhcpd & xinetd none of the terminals can
> login. The part for the groups seems to be good but it's of little use
> if no one can login....  BTW I'm running this on a test machine ...

Probably getting headers from ps (use the "h" option)

anyways try this see if it works

==========================8<==============================
#!/bin/sh

TTY="$(tty)"
my_tty="${TTY##/dev/}"

if [ -n "$(ps -u $LOGNAME h | grep -v $my_tty)" ]; then
cat << EOF

       You already have an active session on this system and you are
       allowed a single session.  This session will now be closed

EOF

sleep 2

exit

fi