[K12OSN] any NX plans for K12LTSP?

Garret Acott garret at ruffdogs.com
Wed Sep 1 14:49:32 UTC 2004

If anybody is interested in this we have already accomplished it, and implemented it. It's very nice because we can now reach our LTSP box over the internet also. :-)

We have done a few things with the server.

1. Compiled statically so it should run on any *nx.
2. Got around the lack of LDAP autho by creating a "guest" account that takes you as far as the LTSP login screen (basically taking much or this function away from the client and placing it at the server where we think it belongs), at that point you log into the system as you would locally.

We are more than happy to redistribute this code to anybody who would like it, we would also be happy to support our changes.

Also, we have not had a chance to do anything to the client side yet, and are using the older NXClient release as a client.

Please send an email to me at garret at ruffdogs.com with NXServer in the subject if you are interested, as it sometimes takes me days to reading my subscribed mail lists.

Thanks
Garret

Ruffdogs