[K12OSN] K12LTSP and Windows Terminal Server 2003

David Trask dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us
Wed Sep 1 22:53:32 UTC 2004

Ok,

My K12LTSP network is running fantastic thus far....no issues yet with
4.1.  I'm trying to figure out how to integrate Windows 2003 server
(Terminal Server) into all this.  Several questions:

First I can get it to work and it works well....but....I'm wondering about
the following...

If I use the -s option to try and limit to one particular program like MS
Word  (winword.exe) then Windows won't let me open it prior to login....I
think I use something like this

rdesktop -f -d midnight -a 16 -s winword.exe 10.0.6.254

the above command will work with programs like notepad, but not any of the
Office products....is there a way to make that part work?

The sound is choppy and at times unusable...has anyone found any secrets
to making the sound work better?

I invoke it with

rdesktop -f -d midnight -a 16 -r sound 10.0.6.254

Any ideas, hints...etc are appreciated....I honestly think this will allow
me to start going completely with thin clients and ditching desktop
machines.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School