[K12OSN] nautilus

Petre Scheie petre at maltzen.net
Thu Sep 2 15:01:22 UTC 2004

You may want to have a look at the
/usr/sbin/push-icons-to-users-desktops script (I think Eric wrote
this).  Root's desktop has an icon for it, such that you can setup an
icon-with-app and then drag it on to the Push-icon-to-users-desktops
icon and all users then get that icon/app on their desktop.  Without
looking at it too carefully, I'd think  you'd be able to make a modified
version of that, put a respective one for each teacher on each teacher's
desktop (respective meaning it would apply only to that teacher's
students--perhaps incorporating ideas from Gavin's scripts for
distributing files based on group), and then the teach could just drag
the assignment file to that icon, and all the kids get it on their desktop.

Petre