[K12OSN] samba with macs

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Sep 3 21:43:14 UTC 2004

running samba...on 4.1.0...
mac OSX clients could see shares
mac 9.something clients could see/make/access(however that chooser thing
works) shares

but.. 9.something clients don't see printers...
they require the servername/ipaddress  and a QUE...

when I attach a printer to a thin client and it is shared with Samba is
a QUE created?
If so where could I find the name of it?

I created the printer using the CUPS web utility http://localhost:631

named the printer

 careercenter

and socket://ws170:9100

and it was attached to ws170....
so I made the MAC address entry in the lts.conf file   for this
workstation to allow access to it's printer...

These work fine and dandy on Windows XP machines...
but the macs deal with printers in a more 'funkified' manner...

Hoping one of you Mac guru's out there might lend some insight?

--Huck