[K12OSN] Sleep Problem

Jeremy Lampe jeremy at sheltonbusinessmachines.com
Sat Sep 4 15:13:16 UTC 2004

I am having a problem with my clients starting to boot and then going to a
sleep error.  It is not on every client and it is not constantly happening.
About once a day I will get a message from a teacher saying her machines are
sleeping.  At first I thought she was talking about Screensaver/PowerSaver
stuff.  I went over and she told me that it was happening as it booted and
showed me where it was happening (wasn't doing it while I was there).  So,
does anyone have any tips or ideas on why I am having this unconsistent
intermittent sleep problem?  I haven't personally seen it happen so I don't
know if it is happening looking for the DHCP server or loading the kernel.
I do know that she has 2 clients and it only happens on one at a time.

Thanks,

Jeremy