[K12OSN] upgrade 4.0.1 to 4.1

Jim McQuillan jam at mcquil.com
Sat Sep 4 22:59:47 UTC 2004

Norbert,

Are you wanting to install LTSP-4.1, or are you wanting to upgrade your
entire k12ltsp system to 4.1 ?

If you just want to add LTSP-4.1 to your existing system, then just
go ahead and rename /opt/ltsp to /opt/ltsp-4, and then install LTSP-4.1
to /opt/ltsp.  Then, you can have some workstations using ltsp-4 and
others use ltsp-4.1.

If you want to upgrade your k12ltsp system to the latest, then you
have a choice of doing an in-place upgrade, or wiping the system clean
and doing a new install.

I always prefer a full re-install, rather than an in-place upgrade, but
that's just me.  Others prefer the in-place upgrade.

Jim McQuillan
jam at Ltsp.org