[K12OSN] Interesting KDE issue...

Martin Woolley sysadmin at handsworth.bham.sch.uk
Tue Sep 7 07:18:20 UTC 2004

On Monday 06 Sep 2004 2:56 pm, Calvin Park wrote:
> Just thought I'd tell a little story about an error I just encountered.
>
> One of our students was playing with his desktop settings and clicked
> the option for KDEWebDesktop under advanced options. When he applied the
> setting a cookie request popped up. He, thinking the cookie would be a
> bad thing to accept, rejected it and his screen just kindda flickered
> and displayed a bunch of odd colors. I just deleted the whole .mozilla
> directory (it wouldn't let him log back in, every time he tried the same
> color thing happened). My solution was probably a bit dirty, but it
> accomplished the task. Just an interesting issue that I thought I'd let
> everyone know about.

If mozilla or firefox goes a bit wonky, generally if you exit the browser and
delete the appreg file in the .mozilla or .phoenix directory as appropriate
it all magically works again.  That way you don't have to set up your proxy
settings etc again.

--
Regards
Martin Woolley

to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify postmaster at bgfl.org

The views expressed within this email are those of the
individual, and not necessarily those of the organisation